“Home is the nicest word there is.” ~ Laura Ingells Wilder
December flew by so fast. Everything was a flurry of construction, appliances delivery, and shopping for more fixtures. My christmas haven was home depot, and my gift from Santa was a queen sized bed. This is what it meant to be adulting… moving into our own place at last. We tried to squeeze in some holiday traditions too, just to provide some normalcy:
- Starbucks planners (they did BOTO stickers this year!)
- Christmas reunions with friends and family
- Photos by the yuletide decors in malls
- Shopping for new shoes
- Simbang Gabi with bibingka and puto bumbong
- MMFF film (new Jennylyn-Derek-Dan fan)
- Spa and japanese brunch with the hubby
- … and watching Disney on Ice! (New tradition this year!)
As we spend the holidays in our new home, I’m in the mood to create (fewer but more realistic amd doable) new years resolutions as well:
- Family: Less gadgets so I can be more present in the moment.
- Marriage: More patience. Choose thy battles.
- Health: Walk more. No more chips.
- Work: Be more on time for meetings.
- Finances: Cut credit cards.
New Years bring new beginnings for us in our new home. Here’s to fresh starts for 2018!