“At the heart of every Family Tradition is a meaningful experience.”
Family holidays are usually beset with so many activities: reunions, parties, gift giving, and gatherings. I’ve always looked forward to this time of the year, because it’s an opportunity to spend time with family and see old friends. Though physicially tiring, the spirit is lifted celebrating Christmas and NY traditions with loved ones.
I’ve always been a traditionalist. They give so much meaning to the occasion, and there’s something to look forward to every December. I believe that the family is bonded more over traditions, and it’s a legacy I wish to pass on to my children and their children’s children. I’m glad to have shared these with Milo, Sofie, and our extended families this year:
- Grocery shopping for the holidays at S&R
- Mall decor and Christmas tree viewing at Power Plant Rockwell
- Starbucks sticker collection for the planner
- Series Binging (The Crown)
- Simbang Gabi at CTK
- Bibingka and Puto Bumbong
- Noche Buena and Mass
- Christmas Spa and Dinner date with the hubby
- A Christmas wedding (Joe and Jady)
- Games and Christmas Reunions
- Media Noche, with coins and trumpets (no fireworks this year)
The New Year brings a fresh start, which is why I also look forward to creating my resolutions list. (Listing is another favorite hobby.) This Year, I resolve to:
- Be more positive, less angry and frustrated.
- Be on time for meetings and deadlines.
- Be healthier. At least cut down on chips and rice (easier said than done!)
- Be more presentable.
- Catch up with friends more often.
- Focus more on my family’s needs.
- Save and invest more.
Hope this New Year brings more blessings and growth opportunities! Happy 2017 to all Working Moms and your families!